Code of Practice
Why we’ve adopted the General Insurance Code of Practice and what it means for our customers.
We’re a signatory to the General Insurance Code of Practice*, a voluntary code designed to protect the rights of general insurance policyholders and help promote better relations between insurers and their customers.
Insurance companies that sign up to the Code promise to act in an open, honest and fair manner in all of their dealings with consumers.
The Code aims to:
- Commit us to high standards of service
- Promote better, more informed relations between us and you
- Maintain and promote trust and confidence in the general industry
- Provide fair and effective mechanisms for the resolution of complaints and disputes between us and you
- Promote continuous improvement of the general insurance industry through education and training.
We’re proud to support the Code and are committed to helping our customers better understand their rights when buying insurance, making claims, resolving a complaint or experiencing financial hardship.
If you’re experiencing financial hardship we’ll do our best to help. Find out more.
Feedback and complaints
Learn more about the 2014 General Insurance Code of Practice.
*The 2014 General Insurance Code of Practice is effective until 31 December 2020. The 2020 General Insurance Code of Practice will be implemented by 1 January 2021 and QBE will transition to the new Code by that date. Unless otherwise specified, all information on this website refers to the 2014 General Insurance Code of Practice.