QBE Business Insurance Packages

You do everything you can to keep yourself, your employees and your customers safe. But even the best tradies have accidents. And those accidents could prove extremely costly in time and money if someone gets injured or property is damaged.

QBE’s Business Insurance Pack provides flexible cover to protect you, your business, your tools so you can get on with the job.

Tailored packages suit a range of trades, from bricklayers, electricians, carpenters, plasterers, painters and more, whether you’re operating as a sole trader or a small business.

What can it cover?

The Business Insurance Pack covers a wide range of events, whether you’re working on site or at your own premises. Business Liability is your base cover, and you can select other optional covers based on your needs, such as tool insurance, building and contents, business interruption or theft.

Business Liability insurance covers against third-party personal injury, property damage and advertising liability claims. You can choose a limit of $5 million, $10 million or $20 million. This is an important cover for tradies as often you can’t start a job without a Certificate of Currency.

Find out more

What else should you consider for your small business insurance quote?

When you’re looking at insurance, it’s important to consider all the options. Over the past four years the top three claims for tradies include:

  1. Accidental damage to a third-party property
  2. Theft of property
  3. Faulty workmanship.

With this in mind, you may want to consider adding Portable Items cover to your policy, in addition to Business Liability (which covers accidental damage to property of others and faulty workmanship).

Get a quote

Types of trades we cover

Our Business Insurance Pack is suitable for sole traders or small trades businesses with a turnover under $1 million and less than 5 staff.

If the Business Insurance Pack we off directly doesn’t meet your needs, QBE also offers insurance products available through a broker.

Trades include:

  • Concreters and bricklayers
  • Landscapers and gardeners
  • Construction services
  • Air conditioning technicians
  • Carpenters
  • Cleaning and pest control
  • Electricians
  • Glazing
  • Painters
  • Plasterers 


Take your business further with these helpful articles...

The top construction injuries and how to avoid them
The top construction injuries and how to avoid them
Four ways to make your construction business a success

The insurance you need to start a small business


Business insurance 101

Once you’ve paid for your insurance, you’ll receive a Certificate of Currency. This is proof to third parties that your business is insured.

Third parties, such as customers or financial institutions, may request a Certificate of Currency for a range of reasons:

  • A customer may request it before they allow you and your subcontractors on site
  • A financial organisation may want to confirm the item they’ve lent money towards is insured so they can be paid back in the event of a total loss.

QBE will email you the Certificate of Currency after you’ve bought your insurance.

Business Liability Insurance, also known as General Liability, Public and Product Liability Insurance, helps to protect businesses that become legally liable for claims of compensation brought against you by third parties, caused by an event in connection with your business.

As a business owner, the financial fallout of legal action brought against you by third parties could be severe if you don’t have business liability insurance. That’s why it’s automatically included when you select our Business Insurance Pack.

Business Liability Insurance can help protect your business from unexpected damages or accidents that may arise from your day-to-day operations.

Workers Compensation is insurance that’s compulsory for most employers. If one of your people is injured or becomes sick in the course of their work, it will help them cover any medical expenses, rehabilitation costs and loss of earnings.

This helps injured workers recover and get back to work and minimises the physical and financial impacts of workplace injuries. Workers Compensation is different in each state.

Find out more about Workers Compensation

Professional Indemnity insurance, also known as Professional Liability insurance or Errors and Omissions cover, protects businesses that provide advice or services for a fee.

It covers claims made against you for alleged negligence or breach of duty arising from an act, error or omission in the performance of your professional advice or service.

Learn about our Professional Indemnity Insurance offered through brokers

This advice is general in nature and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and may not be right for you. You must decide whether or not it is appropriate, in light of your own circumstances, to act on this advice. To decide if this products is right for you, please read the QBE Small Business Insurance Policy Wording (QM9264). Insurance issued and underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL 239545).